Combine Matcha Green Tea with cannabis or CBD
Matcha is a finely ground green tea powder that is and has been for centuries the basis of the Japanese tradition of the tea ceremony. Because the whole tea leaf is ground into a fine powder, the whole plant becomes edible when added to hot water to make a tea. One can't help but draw a comparison between this green tea and cannabis, recognizing that matcha is essentially a full spectrum drink and entirely vegan.
Like cannabis, matcha is also considered to have important nutritional properties, including lowering cholesterol and regulating blood sugar. Matcha is rich in chlorophyll and is a natural detoxifying agent that helps cleanse the body by flushing out toxins. Matcha powder also contains significantly more caffeine than standard green tea. However, the amino acid L-theanine, which matcha produces when grown in the shade, counteracts the negative consequences of ingesting too much caffeine, such as nervousness or caffeine crashes. .
When it comes to flavor, matcha is powerful and earthy with a hint of sweetness when boosted with honey or agave. Matcha is a great ingredient in all kinds of recipes, adding a layer of complexity to the flavor, a gorgeous bright green color, and plenty of health benefits.
What are the reasons why these two herbs are a perfect marriage
The combination of green tea and cannabis has some advantages over other forms of cannabis use, such as smoking or oils. Tea not only allows you to get the most out of your shake but since THC is not water soluble, you can choose to prepare it in different ways to control its psychoactive properties.
Consuming cannabis tea can also be a good way to deal with anxiety and depression. Cannabinoids can help fight common triggers for these conditions, such as neuronal inflammation or lack of serotonin. It may be more relaxing for people with anxiety disorders: this effect may be due to theanine, an amino acid naturally found in tea leaves, which is believed to provide a relaxing and calming effect.
Recipe: Matcha green tea latte infused
Preparation time: 15 minutes
- 340 ML hot water
- 1 cup and a half of coconut milk type milk, hazelnut or other
- 2 5-8 dates or drops of stevia or honey
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- 1 pinch of vanilla powder
- 20 mg of CBD oil and / or Marrakech butter (Make sure you know the potency of your butter in order to give yourself an amount of THC you can tolerate)
- 2-4 teaspoon matcha (powdered green tea)
- Add 60 Ml of hot water to a small cup. After adding the desired amount of matcha green tea powder, whisk until you obtain a foam if possible with a matcha whisk.
- Heat your nut milk in a small saucepan on the stove over medium-high heat.
- Add all the ingredients and mix thoroughly during 20 at 35 seconds. Pour, drink and enjoy!