Butter is a delicious and versatile vector for THC and other cannabinoids
Cannabis-infused butter is one of the simplest and most common ways to make infused cannabis foods. However, making infused butter can be a bit tricky. To activate its psychoactive potential, the flower must be heated slowly at low temperature. This recipe will guide you first through this process, called decarboxylation, before presenting you with a step-by-step guide on butter infusion.
To prepare your cannabis butter, you will need:
- A big pan
- A large spoon to mix
- 500g of butter (or more)
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis, decarboxylated
- A clean cloth
- A container with a lid
For a successful Butter Space:
- Decarboxylate your herb : Decarboxylation is the heating process used to activate cannabis
- Bring a large amount of water to the boil, then immerse the grass, stirring gently.
- After ten minutes, remove and gently drain.
- After changing the water, bring to a boil again and then throw in the herb and butter.
- Stir and simmer for about an hour.
- Take the vegetable matter to put it in a clean cloth, then wring strongly over a container.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The fat has risen to the surface and hardened with the cold, which facilitates its recovery: and here is your space butter is ready!
- You can discard the water, and cook the vegetable debris and the linen in whole milk to extract the last residues of your Marrakech butter.
A variant with the oven preparation:
- Preheat your oven to 115 °.
- To decarboxylate your herb: Place the cannabis buds on a non-stick baking tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Insert the tray into the oven for 30 at 40 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes, mix gently.
- Grease decarboxylated cannabis roughly with a hand grinder.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
- When the butter begins to melt, add your roughly ground cannabis.
- Keep the temperature low (ideally above 70 ° but never higher than 90 °) and let the mixture simmer for 2 at 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never boil.
- Place a clean cloth in a funnel over a container and let filter freely.
- Refrigerate your cannabis butter and enjoy!
Another method: the slow cooker
- Grind your grass roughly with a hand grinder, type coffee grinder
- Set your slow cooker to low temperature: around 70 °. Be careful not to exceed 90 ° to avoid burning or wasting cannabinoids.
- Add the butter and ground cannabis. Stir occasionally.
- After about 3 hours, close the slow cooker.
- Wait for your butter to cool and enjoy!
Marrakech butter is very well preserved in the freezer. It can be consumed simply spread on bread, a toast or a biscuit. You can also melt it on vegetables or add it to recipes that require butter.
Always use unsalted butter! At your stove!