Marrakech butter is a delicious carrier for THC and other cannabinoids
Make your own " Marrakech butter". Cannabis-infused butter (Cannabutter or Marrakech) is one of the easiest and most common ways to prepare cannabis-infused edibles. However, making infused butter can be a bit tricky. To activate its psychoactive potential, the flower should be heated slowly at low temperature. This recipe will first guide you through this process, called decarboxylation, before presenting you with a step-by-step guide to brewing butter. On the other hand, you can make your space cake recipes even easier by using this cannabis butter.
To prepare your cannabis butter, you will need:
- A big pan
- A large spoon to mix
- 500g of butter (or more)
- 1 cup (7-10 grams) of ground cannabis, decarboxylated
- A clean cloth
- A container with a lid
For a successful canna butter:
- Decarboxylate Your Weed: Decarboxylation is the heating process used to activate cannabis
- Bring half a liter of water to a boil, then immerse the herb in it, stirring gently.
- After ten minutes, remove and gently drain, bring to a boil again.
- After boiling, throw in the herb and butter.
- Stir and simmer for about an hour.
- Take the vegetable matter to put it in a clean cloth, then wring strongly over a container.
- Refrigerate for 24 hours.
- The fat has risen to the surface and hardened with the cold, which facilitates its recovery: and here is your Space butter is ready!
- You can discard the water, and cook the vegetable debris and the linen in whole milk to extract the last residues of your Marrakech butter.
A variant with the preparation of cannabis butter in the oven:
- Preheat your oven to 115 °.
- To decarboxylate your weed: place the cannabis buds on a non-stick baking tray. Cover the tray with parchment paper to avoid sticking.
- Insert the tray into the oven for 30 at 40 minutes.
- Every 10 minutes, mix gently.
- Grease decarboxylated cannabis roughly with a hand grinder.
- Add 1 cup of water and 1 cup of butter in a saucepan and simmer over low heat.
- When the butter begins to melt, add your roughly ground cannabis.
- Keep the temperature low (ideally above 70 ° but never above 90 °) and let the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 hours, stirring occasionally. The mixture should never come to a boil.
- Place a clean cloth in a funnel over a container and let it filter freely.
- Refrigerate your cannabis butter and enjoy!
Another slow cooker method: magimix / thermomix
- Grind your grass roughly with a hand grinder, type coffee grinder
- Set your slow cooker to low temperature: around 70 °. Be careful not to exceed 90 ° to avoid burning or wasting cannabinoids.
- Add the butter and the ground cannabis. Stir from time to time.
- After about 3 hours, close the slow cooker.
- Wait for your butter to cool and enjoy!
Tips for dosing cannabutter
The power of your cannabutter depends on many factors, from cooking time and temperature to the strength of your raw material. Even the type of cannabis used (indica strains vs. sativa) may be a factor. To test the potency of your finished product, try spreading ¼ or ½ teaspoon and see how that dose affects your metabolism. Depending, decrease or increase the dose as desired. You can then use this personalized “standard” dose as a baseline for your recipes.
Marrakech butter keeps very well in the freezer. It can be eaten simply spread on bread, a toast or a cookie. You can also melt it on vegetables or add it to recipes that call for butter.
Always use unsalted butter and cook!